Update From Administrator – August 19, 2020
August 19, 2020
As always, our team and I hope this email finds you safe and healthy. I am pleased to report that we continue to remain COVID-free for both our staff and residents.
Unfortunately, in May we had to postpone National Nursing Home Week due to the unforeseen pandemic. Athena Recreation Departments in all our facilities hosted an Athena Nursing home week from 8/9/2020 through 8/15/2020 to help celebrate and appreciate our residents and staff. We know how hard our staff have been working and how much our residents have been affected by the social limits which were results of this pandemic. If you haven’t done so already, check-out our Facebook page for photos.
A few quick reminders about outdoor social distance visits:
- Visits must be pre-scheduled to ensure they remain safe for you, the residents, and our staff. It also allows our team to ensure your loved one is available and ready for a visit to make the most of your time together.
- Face coverings (masks) must always be worn and a social distance of 6 feet between you and your loved ones for the entirety of the visit.
- Check out our website for specific guidelines and details regarding perimeter visits.
Alternative visits (video chats such as Facetime calls, and/or window visits) are still taking place. You may schedule a visit by calling Lynn at 203-364-3131 or emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other updates from our Recreation Therapy team include:
- iPads are available on each floor for residents to share and use, such to video chats with family (outside of the pre-scheduled times) or for example, surfing the web independently.
- Residents continue to be invited to spend time outdoors for live music, outdoor strolls or just to get some fresh air as weather permits.
- Small in-door social distance group activities continue to be offered in addition to above mentioned.
As a reminder, our next “Town Hall” meeting is scheduled for Friday, August 19, 2020. We encourage any residents and family members to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have about the care we are offering. Our commitment is to be as transparent as possible and work to address any issues that arise.
Thank you and please stay safe and healthy!